Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Introductions

Hello. I'm doing well, how are you? I'm pleased to hear you say that. Oh you know, the usual. A lot of work, a little play, and enough smoke to tranq a moose. Yea probably a little too much but it keeps the prick at bay. Well, just like anyone I have different sides. Sometimes I'm a very helpful citizen; sometimes I can be an ass. Luckily I've found medicine that tempers the aggressive testosterone and helps me behave. Yes I realize that I'm carrying around a crutch, but do you realize that a crutch can also be used as a weapon? Its lightweight and has multiple handles so lets change the subject before I accidentally unfriend you o.O

Hmm, I know lets talk about politics! That always gets people frustrated with one another. You know taboo is my middle name. Yes... it is. Ok fine, no politics. Nobody worth voting for anyway. Your the one who wanted to drop the politics. Ok. Fine.

Love? Well, love is complicated. Funny you should mention it, I'm listening to Amy Winehouse for the first time and she says 'love is a loosing hand'. I don't recall if I've told you my wife and I are polyamorous. Its latin for many loves. No we are not swingers. The difference is that swingers have a stereotype of being only concerned with multiple sex partners whereas polyamory suggests real lasting relationships that are based on love. No its not illegal unless you try to legally marry more than one person and even then some states put up with it. Well, because one person can't be everyone. Ever heard the expression 'too much of a good thing'? Of course it applies! Look, whats the most common cause of divorce? No, its not the cheating itself. It is the inability to forgive the indiscretion. No I am not saying that cheating on your spouse is ok. I'm saying that we as a society have imposed rules and conditioning on ourselves that does not always make sense. You have a right to choose monogamy, just as I have a right to choose something else. How often do YOU quit something just because its confusing? Yea, that time with the glove was really confusing but that's the exception to the rule. Well, threesomes are known to happen, but we as a couple have not met the right person. We're picky. Just because its an open relationship doesn't mean I try to fuck every woman I meet. She's not interested in other guys so tough shit sherlock! She's with me because I'm one of the few men she likes. Because most guys are kinda like you who don't put a lot of fact checking into their own thoughts before the brain abortion is excreted through their mouth. I warned you about the prick. She actually finds my ability to say inappropriate things very amusing as long as I don't embarrass her around professional colleges. If you consider the fact that similarly I like her dark jokes involving stuffing small children into a crockpot and serving it for dinner I would not be surprised by your conclusion. 

Yes getting back to the love topic. Well like I said, we're picky. The kind of picky that have very peculiar beliefs and practices that often freak people out. Remember the crockpot baby? Currently I only have one other relationship. No, not her. We are still close friends, but unfortunately I don't feel as strongly for her as she does for me. Whats the problem? Its a problem because I don't waste my limited free time with someone I only kinda like. Yes we were getting along very well that night at the bywater, but I've come to realize she does not have the aggressiveness and constitution I need. Yes well, we all act a little differently after the 3rd drink. How could I forget the citrus trebuchet! OK I'll start from the beginning. Well I could start with the middle but you'd get confused and want to quit o.O 

I was helping my friend, yes the one from the bywater, with her upcoming belly dance show. We were at the Armory making the moon backdrop and this beautiful dark my size woman comes out to talk with us. She and my friend, yes its getting confusing. My friend's name is Lone. The beautiful dark my size woman is Amaze. So, Amaze came out to say hello. I learned that she is a cook that works using the armory's kitchen. So I asked if there was any food available for my current hunger situation. She quickly returned with a delicious chicken spinach wrap that was utterly rejuvenating. She refused payment for services rendered and mentioned she will be serving food at the event for which we were preparing. I noticed that I was now intensely anticipating the event when before I was attending out of friendly requirement. 2 days pass. My wife Serius had a drinking date with co workers and was probably not going to make it. Open season? Can you explain everything through hunting lingo? Don't answer that. Anyway, I was not expecting the chemistry that reacted between Amaze and I. In between helping Lone with her set list, setting up chairs, tables, and generally being helpful Amaze and I kept gravitating towards each other and bathed in the other's presence. During the show we sat on the floor next to each other and made commentary. She would often have to run off and direct her 'kids' what to do in preparation of the food. At first the thought of her having children was a deal breaker, but she quickly redefined her 'kids' as her student cooks. As the show went on Lone quickly noticed the amount of time I was spending with Amaze and get a worried look on her face. After the show Amaze and I politely bowed out of after party obligations and went for a drink just the two of us. The electricity in the air between us had been building all evening and had changed color a few times, namely when I mentioned I was married. Now at the bar the balance was getting fragile, tipping back and forth between romantic interest and new awesome friend. Just in time, my wife Serius called me and I stepped outside to talk. I told her what was going on and she wished me luck. Yup, just like that. Amaze was a little concerned when I got back in that I could be in trouble with the Mrs which led perfectly into explaining my unique relationship possibilities, which led perfectly into me asking about her romantics, then the giddy hand holding and finally the vicious make out and biting in the truck. Biting. HOMMMMM MMMY DEITY! Pretty sure I had teeth marks when I got home. 

Yup, it was hot. No, it's not an official relationship because she's currently in a state of self resubconstruction. It means she realized she has some issues to work through before getting comfortable with someone new. Also Serius hasn't authorized full contact sports yet. Well, because there are rules and considerations. Different people have different rules with open relationships. Some say anything goes, some say lets decide together who to bring into the inner circle. Yup, we each have veto power for each other's lovers. I'm not that worried about Serius vetoing anyone. If I REALLY like someone, chances are she will too. She doesn't have to be best buds, just agree that the new relationship is a good match. She hasn't yet because she has been insanely busy with her book and preparing for DragonCon. I didn't mention she's an author? Yea she's got excellent diction ;)

Lone did not take well to the news of my severe interest in Amaze. This is when I learned of the depth of her fondness for me. I attempted to explain why and how and console, but I bet I sounded like an ass.  We are still friends, but the exchange is very different now. Lone is also going through some resubconstruction, but a little less enthusiastically than Amaze. Them's the breaks. I still don't know if it will even work between Amaze and I. She is a very active individual sprinting from work to hobby to socializing to event planning. Always something going and I wonder how much room there is for me. She has recently discovered a reoccurring habit of finding herself as the 3rd wheel. As much as she enjoys our time together, she can't ignore the hunger for a primary. I can't pretend that I could be her primary. "Let's just enjoy ourselves for now." So that's love. 

1 comment: